Students from Les Roches hotel management school in the kitchen at Violier’s Michelin three-starred restaurant

All for the love of food

on April 24 | in Academic Life Hospitality Industry Student life | by Les Roches | with 1 Comment

One of the perks of studying a degree at Les Roches International School of Hotel Management is the opportunity of field trips to Michelin-starred restaurants.  

Oh, life’s hard…

Giovanni Odaglia writes:

Bravo!

It has been a very long time since I last had the opportunity to experience what deserves to be called “nouvelle cuisine.”

Benoit Violier, Chef of the Year 2012-2013, opened the doors of his kitchen to some serious gastronomy lovers from Les Roches.

Benoit Violier opens his Michelin 3-star doors to Les Roches students.

After a short tour of the restaurant, we were all invited to enjoy a flute of champagne in the kitchen of the Michelin three-starred chef. With more than 20 chefs, the small but extremely well-organized kitchen delivers emotions to an average of 40 guests per service.

Our experience started at 12 noon and ended around 5 hours later. It included 10 courses such as seafood consommé with caviar, morel mushroom soup, lime sea-bass, langoustine, duck and some of the best cheeses of the world. It was definitely a multi-starred trip.

Thank you to our Chef Bezzi for allowing us to discover a different way of cooking.

Joshua Tan Le-on writes:

Students from Les Roches hotel management school in the kitchen at Violier’s Michelin three-starred restaurant.

Les Roches students visit Paul Bocuse’s restaurant.

A few weeks ago, Chef Bezzi organized a field trip to Paul Bocuse’s Michelin 3-star restaurant. I come from Singapore and it was a really good experience for me while I’m in Europe. Since graduating from Les Roches, it has been difficult to find the opportunity to taste such good food.

The food at Paul Bocuse was fantastic; the experience will be something that I will never ever forget and the taste of the food will always linger in my mouth.

I felt like I was meeting a superstar from Hollywood! After we sat down, we were given a short introduction by Chef Bezzi, followed by the food which we were all dying to try.

The food. What can I say? “Just perfect!”

It was an amazing experience, I was dying to get a taste of the famous Black Truffle Soup which was amazing and begging to be asked for more of.

All the other dishes were amazing, too. I was quite surprised that foie gras was used in most of the dishes. We started off with the first starter which was foie gras and normally when I have foie gras, one serving would be enough for me, but when the second starter came and there was also foie gras in it, to my surprise I was asking for more.

It was truly an amazing experience that I will not forget. I could say: “It’s a life worth eating!” I would like to say a big thank you to Chef Bezzi for organizing such a wonderful experience for us. I do hope for more of these to come in the future!

One Response

1. Eric says:

Sounds like a wonderful experience! I would love to be around that much talent and great food!