Alexandra Jourdan-Astruc

on July 14 | in | | with No Comments

Alexandra

My name is Alexandra Jourdan-Astruc, and I am a Postgraduate Diploma (PGD) graduate from France.

Why the hospitality industry?

After I graduated from high school, I started, as many of my friends in France, at business school in Paris. Even though I passed the first year, I found it quite boring and I could not really picture myself in a “classic” company.

Both my parents are lawyers and in the back of my mind, I always kept the idea of becoming a lawyer too, thus I went to university to study law. Although law subjects are really interesting, the French legal system is very closed and has a very narrow international perspective, so I decided to reorient my career towards hospitality.

A hospitality career was not something I had considered before, but when it occurred to me, I found that it would be a perfect fit.

From hospitality studies to a hospitality startup

Two years after becoming a blogger for Les Roches, this is where I stand now:

I spent one year at Les Roches as a PGD student, and this has been one of the best experiences of my life.

After I graduated, I flew across the globe to Thailand for an internship in Front Office at the Four Seasons Resort Chiang Mai. In many aspects, this was a very positive experience. In some other ways, it was not the best match for me. However, it was a very formative journey and an experience from which I emerged stronger and above all — to my surprise — more confident.

After a few months in Chiang Mai, I came back to Paris and began working for BnbLord, a startup specializing in concierge services for short-term rentals.

I absolutely love my job and I have witnessed the company grow every day. To be a part of the process is positively amazing and I know I have been very lucky. For now, I’ll stay with them as long as I can.

Of course, I still have other life plans, there is plenty of time to do everything. At this point of our lives, we have so many possibilities after our short time in Switzerland.

I still love to travel and I have spent most of my free time visiting my friends all over Europe — including many PGD alumni along the way.

« »