Anastasia Zakharova

on January 15 | in | | with No Comments

Anastasia profileBonjour tout le monde! My name is Anastasia and I am working in the Forests, Land and Housing Division of the United Nations Economic Commission for Europe (UNECE) as a Team Assistant and I am also a passionate traveller, good listener and beauty lover in all its dimensions.

For the past 4 years I have been working and living in the 4 different countries: Switzerland, Spain, China and the USA. I absorbed different cultures and traditions, met hundreds of people with unique faces, backgrounds and behaviour. I am one of the luckiest ones who joined Les Roches at the age of 18 and since then my international story has begun.

So what is my story?

I remember my high school years where I was hesitating a lot on where to go, what to do etc. I guess many people faced the same challenge. But after being in Switzerland and receiving a great welcome by one of the Customer Relations officer I did not have any doubts that I wanted to study there. After three intense, complex but extremely fun International School years I got my Hospitality Diploma as well as the outstanding experience that I gained during my internships in Ritz Carlton Villa Padierna Marbella, Intercontinental Shanghai Puxi and at investment and consulting company in Orlando.

I took a French course in Geneva afterwards and then applied for an internship in the UN. I ended up in the Statistics Division of UNECE and after that was hired as a temporary staff in the Forests, Land and Housing Division. I have never thought I will work here, but I would say my hospitality and leadership skills help me a lot. I know it will be a long way to get a permanent position at the UN but I know how to be patient and work hard to reach my goal. In my country we say “Moscow was not built in a day” meaning that it takes time and efforts to get what you want in life, this phrase fully represents my way of thinking now.

As a child I was very curious and bombed my parents with a lot of questions: Why is the sun shining? Why people cannot fly? Where is the edge of the world? And even now I am still asking, but my questions are different. Maybe because of the curiosity I have become interested in Esoteric Science that opens the mind to a different way of thinking and the heart to a different way of being. To my mind combining scientific facts with an ancient spiritual knowledge collected over the centuries is the way our society can develop now.  Einstein said: “Religion without science is blind, science without religion is lame”, because they are two sides of the same coin.

I am more than happy to share with you the most interesting parts of my life and overall. Welcome to my world!

Beauty. Love. Feelings

« »