Catherine Demont

on February 11 | in | | with No Comments

Catherine Demont Les Roches International School of Hotel Management alumnaMy love of the hospitality industry began at the age of 15, when I completed a two-week work experience program as part of my schooling back in London. I worked in the Concierge Department of the Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park hotel, and have honestly not looked back since. From the A-level subjects I chose and the part-time jobs I took on, everything related in some way to my interest in hospitality. This is naturally what led me to Les Roches.

I graduated in December 2014, armed with vast industry knowledge and some invaluable operations experience. Everything I gained from Les Roches, in all aspects of my professional or personal life, has so far proven to be extremely useful, whilst I focus on this next stage in my career!

I have both British and Swiss nationality, and had the privilege of being born and raised in London. Though I am now back in the beautiful and fast-moving city I grew up in, I’ve certainly not finished exploring the world. I have a passion for culture and history which was pampered at Les Roches; being surrounded by so many nationalities, languages and the opportunity to travel was something I won’t be able to experience anywhere else. During my degree, I was lucky enough to carry out placements with Hilton in London and InterContinental in China, and now that I have graduated, I’m working as Group Sales Coordinator for Rosewood London.

I am a chatty and enthusiastic person, and I hope to transfer this energy into my upcoming blogs in order to provide you with something pleasant and interesting to read, and hopefully open your eyes into what a degree and career in hospitality can do for you.

« »