Diogo Dutcher

on August 3 | in | | with No Comments

Diogo Dutcher Les Roches International School of Hotel Management student blogger profileHello all, my name is Diogo Dutcher. I am Portuguese-American and consider Atlanta, Georgia, USA to be my hometown (and it’s also the hometown of world-famous Coca-Cola headquarters!). My family and I moved around a lot when I was a kid, and although it’s difficult to define, Atlanta has finally staked its claim as my hometown.

I decided to study at Les Roches International School of Hotel Management after working several years in restaurants, and wanting to learn more about the hospitality industry. I’m particularly intrigued by hotels and how they seem to operate almost flawlessly, and at a much larger scale than a restaurant.

Most recently I worked as a producer for a Latin American television channel. While the work I did had little to do with hospitality, it gave me the opportunity to use my Portuguese and Spanish skills in a professional setting, work with a team, and learn how to meet deadlines. I plan to use these experiences to help me in my eventual career in the hospitality industry!

Aside from work and study, I enjoy cooking with my family and friends. I also like playing guitar, and listening to electronic music. On weekends you can catch me watching one of my several favorite sports teams playing on TV, or out exploring the city or wilderness.

I look forward to sharing my experiences here at Les Roches through this webzine! Please don’t hesitate to contact me at diogo.dutcher@lesroches.ch if you have any questions, or just want to get in touch!

« »