Giovanni Odaglia

on September 19 | in | | with No Comments

My name is Giovanni Odaglia and I was born in Genova, Italy the 20th of November 1988.Giovanni profile

Before enrolling at Les Roches International School of Hotel Management, I attended a law school in Genoa and at the same time, I worked for a prestigious law firm. In addition, I have worked as merchandiser for Coca-Cola HBC as well as for a leadership society. During the summer seasons, I worked also in a few restaurants.

I have always loved working with people, providing them with the services they deserve. In 2012, I realized that it was not enough to be in one place; I wanted to be able to reach out to more people beyond my country. As such, I decided to enroll into one of the top-ranked hospitality schools of the world, Les Roches, located in Switzerland – the home of the art of service.

Diligence, perseverance and dedication led me to some of the best internship offers. I have worked as Assistant Food & Beverage Manager for Meliã Hotel in Italy before moving on as F&B Trainee for the Michelin-starred restaurant in Tokyo – BVLGARI Tokyo Restaurant. My final internship program was in Hong Kong as Culinary Trainee in one of the most important hotel company in the world – The Peninsula Hong Kong.

As someone who is hungry for knowledge, I constantly seek opportunities to apply and improve myself. This mindset led me to fight for various leadership positions including Class Delegate for the last four years; President and Founder of the Yearbook Committee in 2013.1, President and co-founder of Les Roches Toastmasters Club 2014-2015, President of the Les Roches Wine Club 2014.2 and Student Ambassador For Les Roches 2014.2. In addition to being active in school activities, I was also successful in completing the first level certificate of the Court of Master Sommelier last June.

Being appointed as an ambassador for my institution has been definitely the cherry on the cake as a starting point to my career.

« »