Joan Tuaño

on February 4 | in | | with No Comments

Joan Tuano, Les Roches International School of Hotel Management alumnaHello from the Caribbean, and welcome to my crazy life! The life of a hospitality professional is exciting, fun and international. It is also unpredictable and full of surprises if you know where to look! Let me show you a little piece of my puzzle.

Age: 22
Origin: The Philippines
Hometown: Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates since 1997 (when we moved there, there was only one Cineplex!)
Current Location: Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands, the Caribbean

How did I get here?
When I finished high school, I had no idea what I wanted to be. I realized soon enough that I had in fact been living a life based on the hospitality industry – I love people, hosting dinner parties, giving gifts, making people happy, travelling, colors, cooking, feeding people in general, spas and enjoying all of what life has to offer. Today’s hospitality industry is also constantly changing, and it’s funny how the higher the end of the spectrum you go, the more you see people looking for simple experiences, but at a high level of quality. My guests want to be able to get a good night’s sleep at our resort, and leave their phone in their rooms to be able to read a book while listening to the crashing of waves.

Fate brought me to Les Roches where my eyes were opened to all the endless possibilities in hospitality, and now I am in the Caribbean working in Guest Relations as an Assistant Manager in one of the most exclusive resorts in the world. It is a pleasure to share with you some words of my experience, being a relatively new alumna of Les Roches! Any questions, please ask me. My email is joan.tuano@gmail.com.

« »