Lisa Westrich

on August 5 | in | | with No Comments

LisaMy name is Lisa Westrich and I am delighted to introduce myself as the new E-Ambassador for this winter semester 2013. I am currently in my final semester of the Bachelor of Business Administration and I have specialized in Entrepreneurship.

I am very excited about sharing my personal experience and the “Les Roches way of life” here on campus with both present and future students.

Firstly, I will tell you something about myself and then share my experience with you, looking back at four years of the Bachelor’s Program, which makes me realize how quickly time actually flies!

I am 22 years old and was born and brought up in Germany. I graduated in 2009 with the A-levels degree and as I come from a hospitality background, starting my career path in hotels was unquestionable. Already as a younger girl, I admired the prestigious hotels with the huge chandeliers in the lobby, the always smiling staff, the turndown service with the chocolate on the pillows before going to bed and the luxurious facilities under one roof. Les Roches has been the right fit for me as it combines practical and academic courses very well. This is so important as the industry skills cannot be learned from books only, but rather from the operational experience. Secondly, there is no other place out there where you meet so many different nationalities under one roof. You don’t only create friendships, but also business partners for life.

birthday

My Birthday celebration at Tacot, our fine-dining restaurant.

Starting at Les Roches was definitely the best choice I ever made. During my time at Les Roches I was able to obtain three successful internships with big, influential brands such as Mandarin Oriental, J.W. Marriott and Kempinski, thanks to the school. Out of which two were Hotel Openings, which is like the cherry on the cake for every hotelier.

graduation

Hotel Diploma Graduation in May 2012

Now I am looking forward to the upcoming Young Hoteliers Summit (YHS) in Lausanne, Switzerland next weekend! I will re-present Les Roches with two colleagues of mine who are from Germany and Brunei. The YHS brings together passionate hospitality students worldwide for four days to work on projects, listen to experienced keynote speakers from the industry, recruitment/interviews and lots of team building activities!
I will keep you all posted about the YHS 2013 and I am convinced that it will be a once in a lifetime experience!

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me (lisa.westrich@lesroches.ch).

« »