Marco Pellegrini

on July 22 | in | | with No Comments

Les Roches Hotel Management School Switzerland Marco Pelligrini bachelor degree hospitality courses hospitality management I am 100% Italian from the area of Lake Como, a delightful village surrounded by mountains reflected in one of the most beautiful lakes in Italy.

I moved to Milan to study culinary science and, at the age of 15, had my first internship experience at the Four Seasons Milan in the culinary department. It became clear that this was what I wanted in my life.

When I discovered Les Roches, my parents offered me all the support needed, but still, I had to face two challenges: I was not able to speak English and I had never lived abroad before.

I was at a major crossroads: depart for the unknown? or stay in safety?

One deep breath and in the blink of an eye, I was at Heathrow, waiting for a taxi with only the address of my host family in my right hand and a dictionary of Basic English in the left.

In London, I spent three unforgettable months. It was my first experience outside home in a culture that I was not able to understand due to language and local traditions. I fell in love with the beauty of London and its historical hotels, such as the Dorchester or the Ritz. Time was flying, and after these months I obtained my English language certificate. I was officially ready for Les Roches.

I experienced the feeling of being surrounded by different cultures the first time I walked through the main entrance of the lobby at Les Roches. Sharing joy and sometimes mistakes helped to create a class where we all were bounded by these small bites of life and the common love to discover the world together.

For my first internship I went back to the city where everything began, Milan. This time not with Four Seasons but with Bulgari, a hotel that has always fascinated me.

My second internship was with the same company but different location and responsibility: a managerial experience in Bali with Bulgari. I was able to go thanks to the prestigious name of the school Les Roches. In fact, I was the first European student there.

Les Roches Hotel Management School Switzerland Marco Pelligrini bachelor degree hospitality courses hospitality management

F&B team Bulgari Bali

During my time at Les Roches, I changed a lot: from the young lad in the culinary team of a luxurious hotel to a young man who studies to manage one of them.

In December 2015 I graduated from Les Roches with Honor and Distinction, and with a special award in Hospitality attitude. I am now enrolled in the management program with Kempinski in Gozo, the sister island of Malta.

Last dinner of the 3rd semester with the class before the internships

« »