Shalini Ramanayake

on August 21 | in | | with No Comments

Hello! My name is Shalini Ramanayake. I’m from Colombo, Sri Lanka, and I am a BBA student in my first semester here at Les Roches. I love meeting new people, making connections and learning about other cultures, which is why I chose to study hospitality.

Growing up on a tropical island and coming to Switzerland was a complete shift in my life, from the weather to the food and way of life. It’s different, but it’s a good different. I’m loving the view of the mountains, all the flowers and plants around the campus, and I’m both terrified and excited for my first snowfall.

I used to intern as a writer before I came to Les Roches, and I loved it so much that I did not want to give it up, which is why I wanted to be a part of this blog. I enjoy reading, usually young adult literature but lately I’ve found myself reading autobiographies; I guess I like seeing things from another point of view. Speaking of points of view, I’m an amateur photographer: I used to cover official events and sports when I was in high school, and there is something so satisfying in getting the perfect shot.

I’m a huge superhero fan, and I love the WWE (if anyone else watches it, let me know!). I watch a wide selection of TV shows so the likelihood of us having something in common is very high. I also enjoy stand-up comedy, watching not performing (maybe performing, but I’m not very funny). The point of this is that I’m very approachable and I’d love to have a conversation. I also like listening to people’s opinions on current events because it’s a good way to keep up with what’s going on in the world.

There’s so much more I can write about, but I’ll stop here. I look forward to having you read my blog posts and hearing your feedback (if you have any).

« »