Susana Puigmarti

on August 6 | in | | with No Comments

Hello and welcome to the new Alumni blogs!

Let me introduce myself. I was born in 1969 in Barcelona, I am Spanish and English. I studied in Les Roches Hotel Management in 1989-1991; I have been studying, living and working in Spain, France, Andorra, England, Switzerland, Germany, Equatorial Guinea and USA. I am fluent in Spanish, English and Catalan, good knowledge in French, German and Italian.

When I was born, tourism started to come to Spain. Spaniards saw Ava Garner, Cary Grant, Truman Capote, James Mason and Frank Sinatra drinking red wine, eating paellas; going to the bullfights… they were all having fun in the Costa Brava. ….it was the beginning.

Photo 1-3: Ava Garner & Frank Sinatra in Tossa. (1963)

Because of them and many others, I understood that my future was in hospitality; in fact, I am proud to confirm that Spain is the 3rd most visited country in the world after USA and France (TourSpain). I have been involved in the Hospitality industry since I was a child, as my family had a hotel business in the Costa Brava, I like talking to people, trying to understand their needs and culture, and I like to be treated as I do with other people, with respect and honesty. I have learnt that it is not only important to know about your clients, it is also important to take care of your employees if you want to achieve your goals and be a good GM.

After working for many years in the hotels and catering companies as manager, I decided I had to continue studying, in 2010 I did an Executive MBA and in 2012 I finished my Master in Marketing and E-commerce, I believe it is very important to keep updated if you want to understand the new technologies and how clients change their preferences. Thanks to my experience and contacts I am working in Barcelona as a Tourism Marketing Consultant, I have been doing projects for my Spanish, English, Japanese, and South American clients.
I live by the sea, I enjoy sailing and doing some kayaking in the Costa Brava, I have a lovely setter Gordon, I ride horses and my latest discovery is Social Media.

Susana

« »