Adrenaline in the peaceful Swiss Alps

on October 22 | in Student life | by Marco Pellegrini | with No Comments

Marco Pellegrini signs up for a nice day in the mountain, organized by Damien Fehlmann, the Sports, Activities and Events Coordinator, and gets a bit more than he bargained for.

It is morning; at 8 o’clock we set off for a unique experience – a zip line through rocks and waterfalls. With the sun warming up the fresh crystalline air we arrive at the location of our adventure. Our guides are waiting for us, and after a few minutes of safety instructions, we are ready to go forth and find our “adrenaline spot”.

The whole experience was totally unexpected; we walked along a path surrounded by beautiful fields, admiring the beauty of the mountain peaks slightly whitewashed by the first snowfalls of the season.

Then, following a hidden path among rocks, we came to an incredible view.

Les Roches School Hotel Management Switzerland Bachelor Degree Student Marco Pelligrini Mountain sports

To be honest, at the beginning, there was no adrenaline rush for me; I was quite scared! However, when I saw a brave friend of mine from Vietnam climbing up, and also because I was the last one in the queue and didn’t want to be left behind, I started to climb as well.

Step by step. I began to climb my first wall with my left hand heavily anchored to the wall and the right one inside the waterfall.

At the end of the day, on the way back to school I realized, once again, how important team work is, not only to reach a goal, but mostly to support other people and get support in return. As with everything, there is always more than meets the eye.