Les Roches International School of Hotel Management student, Catherine Demont

Crans Montana, a home away from home

on January 2 | in Student life | by Catherine Demont | with No Comments

For many, Crans-Montana is an idyllic holiday destination. For us, it is our scenic home away from home.

I bet there aren’t many students who can say that they went for a quick ski before class.

And I bet there are even fewer who can say that, just a few months later, they went for a cocktail on the ‘beach’ after class in exactly the same spot! I feel so very privileged to have spent the last 4 years in the little haven that is Crans-Montana.
No two semesters have been the same, and each time my friends and I seem to discover a hidden gem we hadn’t known of before.

I’ve been swimming, skiing, paintballing, climbing, wakeboarding, horse riding, ice-skating, and abseiling all in the same beautiful mountain resort!

And after all of that, exhausted, we enjoy pizzas in Memphis, steaks at Chez Chico or a fondue at Le Chalet. Not to mention the winter afternoons spent at Zerodix – the best spot for après-ski, or warm summer afternoons at the beach club – I will hold the memories of these places with me forever.

My proudest moment occurred a few months ago, when my father phoned me from London to tell me that he was watching the Omega European Masters golf tournament on TV, held here in Crans–Montana every September. He had phoned to see if I was watching “because the views are just spectacular!” – I couldn’t help but laugh to myself when I reminded him that I do in fact live here, and am lucky enough to experience it every single day.