Facilities around the school

on September 16 | in Student life | by Pamela Calvas | with 3 Comments

The time is flying as we are getting further on with our classes and busier with assignments. Many of us here at Les Roches look forward to the midterm break but can’t believe how fast time is passing by.

We are having a great time though, recently  some classes have been a bit more demanding because of the latest tests but that is the way it is, you have to be tested, both to see how well you do in a particular signature through a written exam and also to test your practical performance.

library

The Library

After a normal day of school some areas inside the main building are great for studying too. Places like the library for more individual study and a quieter environment are open until  8pm at night and even during the weekends until 5pm, here you can always rent some movies for free and there is a great variety of books as well.

Some other areas in the main building are usually meeting points for after school activities, and students usually get together here to discuss school projects or studying in groups.

lobby

The Lobby

Some of the other facilities are the restaurants here at the school where we get great food during breakfast, lunch and dinner. Each meal is also a good way of learning and seeing the real environment of a restaurant because it is students from Les Roches who are on practical duty who serve and cook.

restaurant-A-la-carte4

Restaurant à la Carte

The school has 4 types of restaurants for the students to eat and where students practice, we can eat at the A la Carte restaurant, which is very similar to a fine-dining restaurant offering very good food and having the type of service that is usually provided by this kind of restaurant and we can also see how the other students perform.

As PGD students, my classmates and I also need to learn this type of cuisine and service.  Here is a recent picture of my classmates and I as we attended the A la Carte Restaurant of the school.  We really enjoyed the food, and our waitress from HO1 was really great.

restaurant-a-la-carte-2

Restaurant à la Carte

We have other options like eating at the Market Place restaurant, which is a buffet type and most of the students eat there as well. We also have the Sandwich restaurant at PFA, there you can get great sandwiches and fruit and salads; this one offers a self-service style of snack bar and it has some chairs to sit outside which is very nice during the sunny days.

market-place

Restaurant the Market Place

And last, you can also get great food at CDV, Café du Village, where they offer different types of menus and it is similar to a restaurant as well.

In each one of these (depending on your program), you have the opportunity to perform in the service area or cook in the kitchen. In this way, all of the students are also involved and surrounded by this kind of environment which is very helpful.

By the time you go on internships or start real jobs you have this type of previous experience which definitely builds character to face similar situations in real businesses.

3 Responses

1. physician assistant says:

Pretty nice post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed browsing your blog posts. In any case I’ll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you write again soon!

2. alexander says:

LES ROCHES – A GREAT place!!! Flash back, look at the posts above it did bring me a lot of good memories during my study time… winnter 1995.

• Madre says:

Dear Whitney,Thank you so much for being an 3-ambassador, as well as sharing your eeixrpence pre-arrival to Les Roches.I just finished my BBA at Les Roches in June 2010 and it was an INCREDIBLE eeixrpence, one that I will never forget!I can’t wait to hear more from you and how you get along throughout the many years that await you in Bluche, but don’t dispair, those years will fly so fast and when your graduation day comes, you will have collected so many souvenirs and met a huge amount of new people who I hope will become your best friends for the future.If you have any questions about the program or Bluche, I’d be more than happy to give you a hand whenever possible.Currently working at the Four Seasons Hotel in Damascus, and I love it. Sometimes it is a challenge because I have no Arabic eeixrpence whatsoever but after 6-7 months of being here, it has grown on me a bit Anyways, I’d love to answer any of your questions if you have any, and I’m looking forward to read about your new journey in life!Warm RegardsAnthonyPS: It’s A Way Of Life!