We will always belong to something new

on January 15 | in Student life | by Mikhail Merican | with No Comments

As we bid farewell to another year, leaving the past behind good or bad let us forgive and forget and welcome 2016. Firstly, it’s great to be writing for the Les Roches blog again. I truly believe everyone had a great Christmas and winter break, one filled with joy and laughter among family and friends. Unfortunately, we all left Bluche seeing sunshine and no snow. Good news is that the winter wonderland that everyone was waiting for is here! Watch your step everyone…Icy roads ahead.

snow winter wonderland Les Roches Switzerland

There is truly nothing more special than to return home and spend the holidays with family. I was blessed enough to fly back to Kuala Lumpur and enjoy the warm Malaysian tropical weather.

Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Switzerland BBA student (7)

Usually during the festive season, my family and I would return to the Philippines to celebrate Christmas and usher in the New Year with family from Manila. As much as I was looking forward to going home to the Philippines, this year my family planned a special trip to the wonderful city of Hong Kong. Lucky enough, my dad and I speak enough Cantonese at home. It was the icing on the cake when we spent a day in Macau as well. Truly a special experience…the food, culture, sights, trends and people. It was really tomorrow in Hong Kong (quoting the movie).

Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Switzerland BBA student (2)

Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Switzerland BBA student (1)

Being home in the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur made me feel a little claustrophobic because back in Bluche, it is the most peaceful place I can think of compared to Kuala Lumpur. I even felt dizzy in a shopping mall where I usually hang out. But a little bit of local Malay, Chinese and Indian food plus some home cooked food from my very special chef (mom), made it all better. I won’t lie, it was a lot of food. The thing that really made my day was playing golf with my dad again.

Les Roches International School of Hotel Management Switzerland BBA student (8)

In preparation for this coming semester, I thought of how fast BBA1 flew by. But like anything, we are always part of something new here in Les Roches. I can’t wait to step into the kitchen with my best mates. It’s also exciting to welcome 8 more Malaysians to Les Roches who will be starting in BBA1. Of course not forgetting everyone else, I welcome you all and wish the very best to the upcoming freshies. And to my seniors moving upwards and forwards, keep up the good work and all the best this coming semester in campus and for those going on their internships. As for my brothers and sisters in BBA2 now, let’s give it all we got, achieve and not forgetting to have fun on the beautiful slopes of Crans, skiing and snowboarding!

There is really plenty of things to look forward to this coming semester and it will be a good one for sure. Let’s start the year with a bang Les Rochians! I would also like to take this time to thank the staff who worked during the holidays at Les Roches to maintain our beautiful campus, let’s keep it clean everyone! And to the student services as well. Thank you for taking the time off your break to respond to us students. Finally, I’d like to really just say all the best and good luck to our graduates from 2015.2 wherever you may be now!