Les Roches was delighted to co-host an interactive workshop on hotel management and luxury with Glion in Paris on 8 October, 2016. We had a great turnout at the one-day event, which brought together 30 students from Paris high schools and seven Les Roches alumni.
Our young participants had the chance to not only learn about careers in hospitality, but also see for themselves what it’s like to create and pitch a hotel concept. All this and more at the chic 4-star Westin Paris Vendôme — the perfect setting for a workshop on careers in hotel management and luxury.
During our workshops on Hotel and Tourism Management and Luxury Brand Management, students heard from Les Roches alumni about their careers in roles like:
- Product and Trade Manager at Luxembourg for Tourism
- Boutique Manager at Coach (Doha)
- Management Trainee at Hyatt Paris Madeleine
- Food Concept Entrepreneur (London)
- General Manager at Mon Hôtel (Paris)
- Congress Assistant at MCI (Geneva)
- Cross-Trainee at Mon Hôtel (Paris)
In the afternoon, attendees put what they had learned to the test by working in groups to create an original, innovative hotel concept. Here are just some of the results:
- “The Oriental Discovery” — a train-hotel experience
- “The Amman Dubai” — a concept inspired by tents in the UAE desert
- “The Luxury Escape” — a sustainable hotel in a Singaporean forest
Students had to present their ideas to a jury made up of industry professionals. It was a tough job, but our panelists finally awarded the grand prize to Pierre, who will be joining next year’s Les Roches Summer Program in Bluche, Switzerland.
Thanks to all of our attendees, alumni and organizers who made this day of workshops possible!
If you are curious about careers in hospitality, don’t miss our next industry event!